In your own space, post a rec for at least three fanworks that you have created. It can be your favorite fanworks that you've created, or fanworks you
feel no one ever saw, or fanworks you say would define you as a creator. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your post if
you feel comfortable doing so.
This is actually much easier than yesterday's challenge. It's not that I have so many fanworks that I'm proud of, but I have so few fanworks to choose from. I guess this is another reminder that I should write more.Their Dark Waltz
- I wrote this during the height of my Phantom of the Opera obsession. I fell for this fandom fast and hard after I saw the musical, but this was the only offspring of that love that ever saw the light of day. I was very proud of it at the time, and looking back on the reviews, people seemed to like it as well. Now, I'm a little worried that it may have come a little too close to purple prose at points, but I wanted the story to have a dream-like quality. I was actually much more of an Erik/Christine shipper, but I had no problem with writing Erik/Meg. Since I wrote it so long ago, I never imported it to AO3. Maybe I should do so. I also thought of continuing it. I always imagined a second chapter about Meg and Erik's relationship where she tries to fill Christine's shoes. Then, the third chapter would be about Meg and Erik getting married and Christine serving as a witness.The Bings' First Family Christmas
- Who would have ever thought that I would write Friends fanfic? If I can get my muse to cooperate, there will be more where that came from. Anyway, I felt confident writing this because I've watched Friends reruns so many times. The idea came to me when I was watching said reruns late at night, and I just had to write it. Once again, I never imported it to AO3. I'm proud of it because it managed to evoke that cute quality I had in mind. This is Chandler/Monica fluff, btw.Pansy's Pet
- For once, this is something that is actually on AO3, which is strange because I wrote it before either of the above fics. Since I originally posted it on LJ for a hp100 drabble challenge, it was easy to import. Anyway, this is one-sided Draco/Hermione. I'm not really into the ship, but the idea just caught me. I'm proud of it because of how I interpreted the "pet" prompt.
Since all creative works are allowed, I will include some non-fics as well...My fic recs on AO3
- At least, this is how I think you link to recs on AO3. There may be some regular old bookmarks thrown in, but I loved all of my recs. Go read them!My GoodReads reviews
- I don't write reviews for every book or even close to it, but I'm trying to do more reviews. It would be nice to know that people are actually reading them. Anyway, you will need a GoodReads account in order to read them if you are interested.